Technical Sales Engineer
As a Technical Sales Engineer, you'd be supporting the sales manager with the bids and tenders from a technical perspective and providing specifications and project handover documentation. This role would suit someone with an engineering background who is highly organised, self-motivated, has excellent verbal and written communication skills and is extremely systematical. Please note, occasional travel will be required and a pool car will be available to use for these trips.
As a growing SME, we can provide fantastic opportunities in a fast-paced organisation. You’ll quickly become an integral part of the team with full responsibility and ownership. The role has a competitive salary and our strong training philosophy encourages on-the-job training and supports qualifications.
Role Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Provide pre-sales technical assistance and marketing literature.
- Interface with marketing team to establish the suitability of enquiries.
- Engage with the client to interpret their needs and requirements.
- Assist the sales manager with bid information and documentation.
- Initial and concept design of process systems including the production of P&ID drawings using 2D CAD software.
- Manage all technical aspects of RFP/RFI responses.
- Ensure feasibility of compliance with engineering standards/URS.
- Maintaining up-to-date sales reporting on sales tracking database.
- Co-ordinate with suppliers on pricing and product development.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation and O&M Manuals.
- Be the customer contact for all spares enquiries and maintaining spares database.
- Analyse costs and lessons learnt from previous projects.
- Effectively communicate client needs to design department for future enhancement.
- Develop standard costings for key components.
- Collect and document competitive intelligence.
- Customer engagement meetings.
- Project meetings.
- Assisting with proposal documentation including feasibility.
- Interaction with financial team.
- Liaising with the in-house design team.
- Engineering background Mechanical/Process/Production.
- Proficiency in CAD and Office Software.
- Client facing.
- Commercially aware.
Coordination, planning, attention to detail.
Site visiting and surveys.
Closing Date: 31/07/2018
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 depending on experience.
Location: Head Office, Peterborough.
Vacancy type: Full-time, Permanent.