Software Developer (Agri-Tech Sector) - KTP Associate
An exciting opportunity has become available for an experienced candidate to design and develop a fully integrated paperless real-time traceability system for food production from farm to fork. This position is a 36 month fixed term contract, with a £2k per annum dedicated training budget tailored towards your personal development and could lead to a full-time position within this dynamic innovative company.
OAL Connected, a key department within OAL, provides market-leading label and date code verification systems, installed on over 1,200 packing lines in the UK and overseas, ensuring full compliance with retailer’s codes of practice. As a growing SME, we can provide fantastic opportunities in a fast-paced organisation. You’ll quickly become an integral part of the team with full responsibility and ownership. The role has a competitive salary and our strong training philosophy encourages on-the-job training and supports qualifications.
This position forms part of the Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP) funded by Innovate UK. It’s essential you understand how KTP works with business and the University, and the vital role you will play if you successfully secure a KTP Associate position.
- Knowledge of the following programming languages C#.Net, SQL and VB6.
- Experience of integrating multiple programming languages.
- You will be able to interpret and clearly articulate technical and complex information. You will be expected to present to a wide ranging audience.
- You will be proactive, able to influence others and build rapport quickly, developing long term relationships.
- You will enjoy responsibility, solving unexpected problems and challenging the status quo.
- Professional experience in the food industry is highly desirable, but not essential.
- A Full UK Driving Licence.
Please note, The deadline has been extended to Sunday the 20th May 2018 and the interview date is now Thursday the 14th June 2018.
Closing Date: 20/05/2018
Salary: Highly competitive, dependent on qualifications and experience.
Location: OAL's Head Office, Peterborough.
Vacancy type: Full-time, 36 month fixed term contract.