OAL Connected Support Engineer
We’re looking for an enthusiastic individual keen to provide excellent engineering support to our customers to ensure their expectations, both contractual and non-contractual, are met and exceeded. The candidate will also actively contribute to the continuing development of the company’s business and customer satisfaction. Please note, the role does require the candidate to stay away from home on a regular basis.
What is OAL Connected?
OAL Connected provides market-leading label and date code verification systems, installed on over 1,200 packaging lines in the UK and overseas. Click the link above to find out more about this area of the business at OAL.
As a growing SME, we can provide fantastic opportunities in a fast-paced organisation. You’ll quickly become an integral part of the team with full responsibility and ownership. The role has a competitive salary and our strong training philosophy encourages on-the-job training and supports qualifications.
Role Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Provide remote and on-site fault-finding support to both contracted and non-contracted customers for: OAL Connected systems, PLC hardware and software, Autocoding hardware including PCs, scanners and printers.
- Provide remote support to other engineers carrying out site visits.
- Ensure documentation handover from project engineers prior to final commissioning of equipment and systems.
- Train customers on applications and systems and take responsibility for training records
- To field out of office hours calls from “On-Call Engineer” on a rota basis.
- Carry out site visits / audits and review site documentation.
- Identification and reporting of support opportunities and action follow up with a documented result.
- Assist in developing improvements to service and support offerings.
- Identify and action any opportunities when visiting customer sites.
- Develop strong working relationships with members of other departments to ensure superior and excellent service is provided to OAL customers.
- Minimum C&G / NVQ Level 3 in engineering – electrical biased preferred.
- Knowledge of PLC programming – (Micrologix).
- IT skills including Microsoft office and an understanding of computer operating systems.
- Full UK driving licence.
- Passport to be able to travel if required.
- Able to travel and stay away at short notice to support emergency customers.
- Available to cover ‘on call’ requirements including night and weekend cover.
Closing Date: 21/08/2018
Salary: £24,000 - £30,000 + on call bonus. Negotiable depending on experience.
Location: Peterborough based with very frequent travel to customer sites.
Vacancy type: Full-time
- Network skills advantageous
- Excellent organisational, planning and time management skills
- Knowledge of SQL databases
- Use of remote connections to customer sites
- Excellent customer relationship skills
If so, please apply for the vacancy below or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and covering letter referencing the job which is of interest to you.