Automation Development & Support Engineer
Due to changes in the way OAL will provide Factory Systems Support, a new role has been created within the Automation Department.
The ideal candidate have excellent problem-solving skills, can work independently as well as within a team environment and have the aptitude and desire to undertake a software development and commissioning role in parallel with their support duties.
This role will see the candidate exposed to all areas of the Project Life Cycle including initial planning, liaising with Project Engineers to define solutions, documentation, implementation, development, testing, both internally and to customers, customer meetings, commissioning and finally on-going support.
The candidate will also be required to undertake, on rotation, 1st Line & 2nd Line Out of Hours telephone support of OAL supplied Software with customers who have a current support contract with OAL. Within the support role, the candidate will be required to write detailed customer reports of support calls, detailing resolution paths and conduct site surveys to pinpoint potential vulnerabilities and report.
As a growing SME, we can provide fantastic opportunities in a fast-paced organisation. You’ll quickly become an integral part of the team with full responsibility and ownership. The role has a competitive salary and our strong training philosophy encourages on-the-job training and supports qualifications.
Role Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Work within Automation Development Teams to develop PLC / HMI / SCADA / Web / SQL software.
- Provide 1st & 2nd Line rotated out of hours support, limited to OAL Software only.
- Execute full software development life cycle.
- Create internal and external specification & testing documents.
- Compliance with relevant health and safety regulations and quality standards.
- Write detailed support call reports and define resolution paths.
- Visit customer sites in the UK and abroad to undertake commissioning and conduct site surveys.
- Attend internal and customer meetings to facilitate the above.
- Suitably qualified, or seeking suitable qualifications, and experienced to develop and commission PLC, HMI and SCADA software solutions.
- Good understanding and knowledge of the currently supported Factory Systems.
- Experience in a variety of high level programming languages including VBA, VB.NET and SQL.
- Strong logical mind and analytical skills, with good attention to detail.
- Good working knowledge of using MS Office Suite software.
Closing Date: 06/07/2018
Salary: Depending on Experience.
Location: Head Office, Peterborough.
Vacancy type: Full-time, Permanent.